If your WordPress blog contains any encrypted code, search engines can penalize your blog. That means, your blog will be blocked in search engines. This is because your blog won’t be seen in these search engine result pages (SERPs). Moreover, Your blog can be hacked for containing malware. So, it is very important to remove malware from WordPress. There are different WordPress security plugins that are used like a website virus scanner to check malware. You can install a plugin from these and check your blog’s malware. Today, I’m gonna show you step by step the entire process of removing malware from a WordPress blog. Let’s start…
Recommended : Best free anti-virus software
I am gonna divide all the steps into two task. First is “Detect Malware” and the second is “Remove Malware”. The first task is only for a single time and the second task is repeatable.
Task-I: Detect Malware
First, choose any from 5 ways to check malware of WordPress blog. One of these is, using a plugin which name is Anti- Malware Security and Brute-Force Firewall. To do that,
1. Log in to WordPress blog.
2. On the dashboard, find “Plugins” option from the sidebar and click on “Add new”.
3. Type the plugin name or keyword “Anti-Malware Security”on the “Search bar” and press “Enter” from the keyboard. “Anti -Malware Security and Brute-Force Firewall” named plugin will appear and click on “Install now”.
4. A new window will open having two option “Activate Plugin” and “Return to Plugin Installer ”. Click on “Activate Plugin” to activate it.
6. After the activation of the plugin, keep the mouse pointer on “Anti-Malware” from the sidebar. Three options will appear. From these, click on “Scan Settings”.
7. Choose “wp-content” and click on “Run Complete Scan” button. As soon as clicking on the run option, malware checking process will start.
8. After completing the scanning process, if the WordPress blog contains any malware, these will be detected and the result will be seen like in below,
Task-II : Remove Malware
If any results will be seen like the above, make sure yourself that your blog contains malware. So, you need to take proper action to remove these harmful codes. To do that,
1. Login to your hosting “cPanel”.
2. After opening the “cPanel”, click on “File Manager”.
3. As soon as clicking on the “File Manager ”, a pop-up window will open containing some selectable options . From these, choose “Web Root ( public_html/www)” option and click on “Go” button. A new window will open with a large number of files.
4. Now, go back to the malware result window and click on one of the results.
4. A new pop-up window will open. From this window, click on the “Digit” closed by the third bracket and crawl down the mouse, a selected text will be found. Yes! This is the culprit. I mean, these are malware of your WordPress blog. Copy these codes. Now, look at the “Title bar” of this window and carefully read it. Basically, the title bar represents the malware path.
5. Reopen the “File Manager” window where you’ve stopped and move one by one according to the malware path. At the end of this path, you’ll find the last file. Select this file and click on “Code Editor” from the top.
6. A pop-up window will open. In this window, click on “Edit” to delete the malware codes.
7. After appearing the codes, press “Ctrl+F” and paste the codes in the search bar. Then click on “find text”. A selected code will appear. Delete these codes pressing “Backspace” or “ Delete” button. And then, click on “Save” to update the file.
8. Yes! Your all tasks are about to complete cause encrypted codes has been deleted. Now, to ensure check the result again. To check, click on the result.
9. If you see a window like the below saying “No Threats Found”, then be cool as your task has been fully completed!
Mind that, the whole process shown in above is only for one file, found in the result. You have to repeat all the steps shown in the second task if you found Malware files more than one.
Recommended : Essential primary plugins of WordPress must install