Sometimes, we need to share our phone internet with other devices. It’s called internet tethering. Today I’m going to show you the process of turning a smartphone into wifi-hotspot. By making your phone hotspot you will be able to share your mobile internet with other devices. You don’t need any software or hotspot app to use to perform this action. A default internet sharing option has been built by the manufacturer in almost all the smartphones. So you just have to use the option.
For that, go to the settings menu and find “tethering” option. Tap it to turn on. When you turned it on your smartphone will turn into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot device. Once it turned, any device containing wi-fi connection will be connected to share the mobile internet connection. Almost all the smartphones support this including iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s and upcoming iPhone 7 and iPhone 8, Windows Phone, Android Smartphones, Firefox and BlackBerry phones.
How to use Phone as a WiFi- Hotspot:
This feature is not dependent on operating systems. It can be done in any one. But the activation steps may be different from one to another. It just means share the data connection in multiple devices.
How to enable internet tethering on Android:
1. For android, you’ve to go to settings and tap the more option under “Wireless & Networks.
2. Tap again “Tethering & portable hotspot” and check mark in the box placed in right. If not, mark it and your android phone will turn into a Portable WiFi- Hotspot.
Then you need to configure your newly created WiFi-Hotspot. To configure, click on “Configure Wi-Fi hotspot”. Set a password here. Now check from any Wi-Fi featured device. To check open the networks list of your another device and choose the newly created android device Wi-Fi hotspot. You’ll be asked for a password. Enter the password what is given in the android phone and your device will connect.
How to enable internet tethering on iPhone:
- Tap cellular from Settings.
- Tap Personal Hotspot and then turn it on.
Password setup is needed also to this phone like the previous android. To set password tap Wi-Fi password on the Personal Hotspot option.
If you don’t find the “Personal Hotspot” option in iPhone, ask your carrier so that you can use it.
How to enable internet tethering on Windows Phone:
- Open the App list and find Settings.
- Then tap in “Internet Sharing”.
- Find share over and tap Wi-Fi.
- Set sharing to On.
- You should mind it your data volume should not be exceeded.
- After finishing the work in other devices, you’re recommended to stop the tethering process to save your phone’s battery life.